Elder Orr

Elder Orr

Monday, August 14, 2017

8-14-2017
Dear family and friends,
          This week has been a crazy week! We had a early surprise Thursday night when our district leader Elder Ponte called us with news of what is going to take place with the transfers. We didn't think we were going to find out until today, but we found out Thursday what was all going to happen and it was a big surprise. I was pretty excited when I found out I was going to campo, especially when Elder Cobb told me there are tons of fishing opportunities in Junín! So today for P day I will just be packing and getting ready to head out tomorrow. We had to stay in yesterday from going out to proselyte because there was elections going on for a senate position. So we didn't go out and proselyte all day yesterday, it was kind of nice to have a little bit of a rest from walking and I had a little bit of a head cold so I could gain back my strength. Anyways really the biggest highlight for this week is the transfers that are coming up. Tomorrow I head out to the mission offices with all of my stuff and Elder Cobb will to because he has to pick up his hijo as well. It sounds like it is a little bit of a bus ride to get out to my new area so I will stay in Ramos Mejía for a night because we have a conference this Wednesday with Elder Bragg from the seventy. After that we will head out to Junín me and Elder Jacobson who will be my new comp. It's crazy Elder Jacobson was comps with Elder Cobb in the MTC in Provo! Small world really, it's funny all these people live so close to you but you don't get to know them until you are serving a mission in a dfferent country! It's been a good run in Paso del Rey though to be able to have the opportunity to see 4 people get baptized it is really cool! The Orosco family will always be in my heart! They are such an awesome family! Really I had nothing to do with converting them or nothing like that they were just so prepared to take the steps for baptism! I am glad to be able to be part of the experience with them, and I know I will miss them a lot but at least I can talk with them through email and facebook after the mission so that is a blessing really to have the technology that we have! I learned that just because you are a member doesn't mean you don't have to pray about the Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith being a prophet. You can have that same experience again and again to feel that spirit that your investigators are feeling! It's really true! I know it's true and I can't deny it! It's has brought so much joy in other people's lives and mine as well! Anyways I testify that it is true! Love you all! It's so much fun to talk every monday! Can't wait to write about Junín next week!
Love Elder Orr

No comments:

Post a Comment